Pages

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

This week of Valentines.. Old Love...




Good Evening again.. 
Welcome to the Blessed Hearth tonight for the third posting to celebrate Valentine's Day which is tomorrow.. 

Today Terry and I went to the city for our town day ... 
We did a bit of shopping and then went out for supper.. |
We went to a local restaurant which is a fave of ours.. 
It is called the Big Stop and we always enjoy the food and atmosphere.  A very busy place.. We usually meet someone we are related to or went to school with.. And we did again.. smile. An old school friend of ours.. 
Anyway.. 
We had Bible Study tonight so we decided to go to town for the afternoon and then we could have supper and attend the service which was great..
It was a lovely day... 

So for tonight I am sharing another past post from a few years ago.. 
This is the last old post I will share related to Valentines.. 
So come along for a rerun.. smile.. 


Old Love..


Good Morning everyone ..

Valentine's Day is over for another year.. 

Yesterday, I hauled our little table and chairs from the Sun Room and put it out in front of our Family Room fireplace.. 
We had decided to eat in so I thought we could have it a bit special.. 

Terry got the fire going in the fireplace . 
He is such a great sport always humoring me and my bright ideas.. smile.. 
Next month is our 44th anniversary so I guess he is used to it all..eh?

Some people think that if you have been married that long then the romance is gone.. 
Well, romance never dies.. 
Love and affection is always necessary in your life no matter how old you get.. 

Although, young love is exciting old love is better.. 
You have been down the road together.. 
He knows what I am thinking usually even before I know I am thinking it myself.. smile.. 
Holding that dear old hand is just as satisfying to me as it was that first time we walked around our block all those years ago.. 
The bond we have together has been strengthened by the many years of trials and tests.. 
We share family..
He makes me laugh still..
Our marriage brings comfort and joy..

I am just so glad I found the one my heart loves.. 

Have a great weekend everyone.. 


Thank you sweet ladies for your visits and all of your dear comments this week.. 
Just one last thing.. 
Terry and I are not travellers.. Or I am not.. smile.. 
We are not rich nor are we very exciting people.. 
Dreams that we had as a young couple may not have all come to fruition but we have had each other and the dearest sweetest family ... 
We are both so thankful to our Lord for the life we have had together.. 
The words below says it all. 

Yes... just a bit sentimental but so much truth.. 
eh?  
xoxoox

7 comments:

  1. I have so enjoyed reading here this week, Faye. You remind us of the fact that romance never dies and you are so right. Next month we will celebrate 46 years of marriage and it will be a bit different since he will be having eye surgery four days prior. It will give me a chance to brush up on my nursing skills. ;) Life couldn't be sweeter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always look forward to reading your posts this weeks have been especially lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So uplifting. Once again a beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Faye, for these valentine posts. I have loved each one of them. And I think it was exactly what I needed to hear. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Valentines Day to you both . Lovely posts and pics . Thanks for sharing Have a great week !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm here again today! Such an upliftin g surprise to hear from you three days in a row. But it is your words, Faye, .....they touch my heart and I learn from them. Thanks you for all that you say and show us. Have a great day today!XO

    ReplyDelete