Pages

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Another home comfort.. Cleaning and Organizing..



Hello everyone.. 
Just a short posting tonight.. 

We are still being blessed with lovely days although a bit cooler here in New Brunswick.. 

I kind of feel like I am beginning to see the end  middle of the tunnel here at home.. 

When we return home from the cottage it takes me a bit to get situated and then we go back to the cottage and bring home more junk  necessary stuff and I need to find more space for it all.. 
We do this about 3 times and since we have already passed that number and most of it is away then I think I am getting somewhere.. 
This week I actually cleaned all of my cupboards.. 

Hence the pics above.. 
Drawers and such.. 
Have you ever seen such a pile of platters.. 
I need to get rid of half of them.. 

As there are only the two of us here of most of the meals I did get rid of a lot of cloth napkins and placemats.. 
 We only need 2 of these things..

I think everything looks better.. 

Terry put the pantry floor down and I got that all cleaned and reorganized for the second time since we returned home..

My living room is almost back to normal as I kept putting stuff in there and the dear man put away all of his tools for the floor and appliance hook up.. sigh... 
Yes, I am beginning to feel normal, I think ... grin.. 

Next week, Lord willing, I will attack the bedrooms.. 
I need to weed out our closets and drawers and such.. 

My darling Mom is giving me a wee round table that 
belonged to my Gram .. 
I want to put it in my Sun room so maybe on Saturday we will get that done.. 

What a busy time of year, though, eh? 

Love being busy when I can see that it is accomplishing something.. 
To be honest, the last month or so just felt like we were going in circles.. 
We would feel normal and bring home a pantry and fridge full of stuff.. 
Or just get situated and bring home all the leftover pickles, clothes and tools.. 
Get the picture.. 

So .. 
Perhaps my blog posts will soon be back to normal.. 
Thanks so much for putting up with me the last few months.. 
I am starting to feel creative once again .. 
Thank you, dear Lord.. 

Made a Chicken Noodle Soup for lunch today and mixed up a steamed bread recipe my cousin gave me.. 
I will let you know how it turns out.. 

My friend gave me the pepper plant.. 
Man they are small but mighty.. 
I am not sure what to do with them.. smile.

Chicken Noodle Soup...
For the soup I just cooked a big chicken breast in veggie broth (left over from cooked carrots), added some carrots, celery, leeks and a bay leaf.. 
Some herbs... summer savory, a garlic clove, red pepper flakes and parsley.. 
I let it simmer for about an hour then took out the chicken breast and shredded it.. 
I added some egg noodles and a spoon full of powdered chicken broth and let it simmer until the noodles were tender.. 
Very tasty and good for you, too.. 

Thank you for dropping by.. 

I received several lovely emails from some of you and so enjoyed meeting you this way.. 
I am sorry you haven't been able to comment due to me turning off the anonymous  option.. 
I may try again, soon so keep checking.. 

We are having company tomorrow night for supper so I will post about that next time perhaps.. 

God bless you sweet friends..  



19 comments:

  1. So glad you are getting settled back in. Love the platters:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on the collections of stuff Faye. Oh my. I really should get rid of some of it. I usually end up taking it to VV or B for M but I'd also like to get some $$ out of some of it. Maybe a yard sale next summer. :) I'm glad you're getting back to normal a bit more each week. I hope you have a lovely weekend! Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lot of cleaning and organizing! But I'm glad you are settling back in :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have make beautiful photos of cleaning and organizing!
    Greetings, RW & SK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Faye, I really do understand what it is like moving into and out of a summer place. As a matter of fact the next two weekend should be when the SIL and Kim move all the "stuff"back home from the lake. Hubby usually helps with the boat and jet ski.

    Faye I have made some beef vegetable soup this past week. What is it about winter food that tastes so good? It was a cool, cloudy night and my hubby was so happy that I had made soup. We had basil tomato bread that I picked up at Panera. Have you ever made that kind? I was looking for a recipe. Your pepper plant looks pretty healthy. Do they taste the same as green ?

    I need to hoe out some things around here but it will have to wait for a few more weeks....until my procedures are done.

    Faye, do you ever really....really miss your kids? I am homesick for them today. They are so sweet and caring to Jim and I .......but we don't see them as often as we would like. Oh, well...

    Many Blessings to you and Terry,
    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got to clean out my cupboards too - I need to make sure my baking soda and powder haven't expired and the shelves just need a good wiping down. It is a lot of work, but the end result always makes it worth the effort. Have a great weekend Faye Henry :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Faye, love those plates, everything looks great including that soup, yum yum, Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Faye . It is a chilly fresh morning here the sun is just starting to rise over the valley ! I have to also go through all my cup boards and have a good clean out soon ! Like you there is only the two of us and it is amazing how much stuff you accumulate over the years lol ! Thanks for sharing . Oh the soup sounds YUMMY ! Have a good weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Faye , That soup sure looks fantastic and yummy.
    Doesn't it feel great when you get organized again ~ I need to do some of that myself.
    Have a blessed weekend,
    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  10. Usually the autumn season brings out the nesting urge in me and seems to have done the same with you. Enjoyed your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning my friend :)
    I have to agree with Connie, above. Fall time makes me feel "nest-y" too.
    There is something good about knowing that the cupboard, closets, and rooms will all be organized and cleaned for the holiday season.
    Enjoy your weekend, and enjoy your time with company,

    Warm wishes......
    Kerin

    ReplyDelete
  12. You do have a pile of platters! It's hard to let go of stuff that we collect, though, isn't it. Sounds like you have been very busy with hardly a break! I have been cleaning and baking, too, something about this time of year...
    Have a beautiful weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A change in the season always will get ones creative juices flowing :) Blessings friend

    ReplyDelete
  14. The soup looks delicious! I have been wanted to make some chicken noodle soup. Seeing yours just made me want it more. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yummy, the soup looks so good. :-)
    We are busy cleaning the garden. We hope to till the garden and put all the pots away Saturday. I plan to plant some spring bulbs, daffodils, my favorite. And I want to try planting garlic. A big bowl of soup will taste great after a big outdoor project.
    xx oo

    ReplyDelete
  16. organizing and cleaning is the game on and off for me. Maybe I'll sweep and mop tomorrow afternoon as I messed it up a bit today working with apples. Some I dehydrated, the rest I cut up for pies. I froze them in zip lock bags. Busy day but ok. Nice to walk with husband when it's still daylight. After I got back home I went back out with my camera to photograph some roses and fall color before it got any darker. Now I need to make banana bread. Need to give 2 loaves away tomorrow! One for us, maybe two. Take care! God's blessings and I always enjoy your posts with your photos...your linens and old platters, fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah. I love to clean. I love to be at home maintaining our dwelling.

    What a blessed hearth.
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  18. I sooo need to unearth my craft room! I have gotten through the porch, family room, living room and dining room unearthing processes (with detail and a vengeance!) but the craftroom and bedroom are staring me down everyday daring me to attack...then we have the basement, I don't even want to think about that!
    Keep up the momentum Faye!

    Kendra

    ReplyDelete