Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

Samosas Anyone?


Happy Weekend to one and all...
Today I am just giving a very short posting...
I hope to be finished before Terry and our youngest son gets back from their excursion..
My Mom and Step-Dad were over this morning for a wee visit. 
She brought me an order that I had placed with her... smile.
My mother is the best pastry maker in Atlantic Canada.. grin.. Wouldn't she like to hear me say that?
She used to do that as her job many years ago.. I used to watch her and she could make a pie a minute.  A restaurant had canned fillings but still!!
Anyway... Dustin (the baby) of the family loves samosas... And I detest making pastry so when Mom and Dustin arrived at the same time I decided I would surprise him and Terry with a bit of baking. 
The last time I made them (with my own dough) Dustin was scared his father was going to eat them all and he would have none left to take home with him.. lol...

I think you can see the flakiness of the dough even in the pic... eh?
Well, you roll it out and cut squares...
Meanwhile the filling is cooking on the stove.. It does not take long and then you cool it...

Doesn't look that great to me...
Anyway... you are to cut the dough in 9 inch squares and make triangles.. Right? 
Well... I stuck them together anyway... I hope the poor cutting job doesn't affect the taste... smile..


There is also a dip made out yogurt but they just eat them this way..
Personally, I will save my calories for something like pasta... (just kidding)... I am trying to cut back ...
See how green New Brunswick is getting?
There they go... I expect they will try to give me a crown when they come back...lol...


SAMOSAS..
1/4 cup yellow onion
1/4 pound ground turkey
1/4 cup peas frozen
1/4 cup baked potato peeled and diced very small
1/2 cup Indian Korma sauce.. VH
2 x 9 inch pie crust pastry
Preheat oven 400 degrees.
Fry up turkey and when almost done add onion.. then potatoes and peas. Heat up on low and then add Korma Sauce..
Let cool
Roll out pastry into a square and cut into 9 inch squares...
Add 1 T. filling and fold into a triangle.  Seal edges..
Place on cookie tray..
Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes and then cool

Sauce..
1 1/2 cups Korma Sauce
1/2 cup yogurt
1/4 cup mint chopped
1 small green chili...
Mix well and serve cold with samosas
Enjoy...

Thank you lovely ladies for the visit hurried though it was... smile.
Thanks too to all who have signed up for the giveaway..
We are invited to a wonderful party tonight so I hope the guys get back soon.. I hid a few of the samosas in the microwave to take tonight ...
LOL..
Hope they don't find them..
Love to you all..

8 comments:

  1. I think they look very good and (maybe) not too hard. I am not very good at rolling out dough. Mine never looks very pretty. I might have to try them anyway. They look kinda like a hot pocket to me. I hope you have a wonderful weekend and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious, Faye!

    I hope your weekend is filled with many simple blessings!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. have fub at your paety,,,I never geard of samosas before,,,they look good, we'll try then,,thank you for sharing the recipe ( smile) I like when you do that....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look quite yummy Faye; save one for me! LOL! So glad it's getting pretty and green where you are. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Faye These look and sound delicious.
    Thanks for your comment on my blog. Yes it is a Canadian auction. I am in Ontario. I love meeting other Canadians.Have a great long weekend. B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so good Faye!
    I am always looking for new recipes and that one looks great!!
    What a nice compliment for your mom.
    Hugs Granny Trace

    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum making my mough water,going to try to make them.TY.hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. In northern Wisconsin and UP of Michigan we have something like this called a Pasty. A meat and veggie mix like yours but with rutabaga too. The miners use to pack these in their lunches. Thanks for the recipe. Blessings from Wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete