Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

Another no knead bread..... so easy and good...


Happy Friday to you all..

Just a very short posting about a delicious EASY no knead bread that I made today..

I have not been up to par the last few days and my poor husband has not had the greatest of meals so I thought perhaps I could manage something a little special for tonight.

Usually...
 Friday nite is date nite but I am still a wee bit under the weather so this is something a bit special...
We are having  pork tenderloin, roasted potatoes with Rosemary, broccoli and BREAD...smile.
.
This bread only took me a few minutes... honest...  

It makes 2 loaves, too...

Here is the recipe..

No knead Rosemary Bread..

2 1/2 tsp. instant yeast
2 c. warm water
1 T. sugar
2 tsp. salt
4 c. flour
2 tsp. chopped rosemary
olive oil..

Just put the water and sugar in your mixing bowl and stir well ..
Add the yeast and stir again..

Add two cups of flour and stir well.. Then add the other 2 cups of flour and salt and mix well with a wood spoon..
Cover with a damp tea towel and rise for an hour or until doubled..
Then with oiled hands divide dough into two parts or( make just one bread pan size) and form into buns ... 
Sprinkle top with sea salt and chopped rosemary.(opt)
Let rise a second time...
Bake in an 375 degree oven for 30 - 35 minutes 

Just to let you know that I usually turn this into just one loaf and put it in a good size sprayed bread pan or in a pie pan..
And leave out the rosemary and salt as hubby likes it plain..

You can substitute the flour with part wholewheat or 12 grain if desired.. 
Enjoy..

UPDATE
... 
This bread has become so popular that I wanted to let you know here on the post of the many things you can do with this dough.. 
You can make rolls, pizza dough(my husband loves it but it is quite bread like), use different flours, make french bread and so on.. 
Just wanted to let you know.. fh

Hope you like the recipe..
. Let me know how you make out with it...

Also.. do not forget the giveaway for next week..

Thanks for dropping by and have a wonderful weekend...

God bless one and all...


13 comments:

  1. That recipe is worth a try! Hope you are resting up and feeling better!
    -L-

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does look so wonderful! I hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yummmmy. I am drooling Faye. I have not had bread in two weeks. Will try this tommorow for my gang to enjoy and a sliver for me.
    Thanks for sharing. Praying for you friend!
    Love In Him
    Granny Trace
    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMO!!! That looks great! I had some one suggest to unclick the stay signed in box when I logged in and its seems to be working so that I can comment! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to put up some bread today...this may be the ticket...thank you for sharing....have a beautiful day, hoping you are feeling better.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Faye, I finally got around to trying this bread...is this the kind we had when the Keepers were at your house?? Mine didn't turn out like yours...Once I divided it turned out to be a small flat loaf that was bumpy on top. Looked terrible but tasted good-the kids liked it too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh I am so trying this one..I even emailed it to my sister.O) thanks for sharing..it sounds wonderful..and I hope you get back to feeling 100%..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there! I tried your recipe and blogged about it here! Linked to your blog as well. Thank you for this great recipe!

    xoxo
    radmegan

    http://radmegan.blogspot.com/2012/03/no-knead-rosemary-bread-or-focaccia.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Faye, I tried the bread. I let it rise after putting it into the pans. You didn't say to but I did anyway. It is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmm, I just baked this and it is amazing! My mum shared the recipe with me. I added a parmesan asiago blend to the top of one of the loaves and it tastes just like Subway bread (well better actually). Thank you for sharing such an easy recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for commenting on my French Fry Diary blog, otherwise I never would have found this great recipe! Thank you! I can't wait to try it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Faye,
    I made this no-knead bread again and it was delicious! I omitted the rosemary and used whole wheat flour and it was fabulous! Thank you for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete