Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

A Day with our Daughter.....

Happy Friday my dears...
Just a short posting before the weekend... Are you all ready for Christmas?  I still have much to do but am working away at it.. A bit here and a bit there...lol...
Shonda, our daughter came up this week for my birthday.. She called and wanted me to write up a list of chores that she could do while she was here.. I ran out of paper...LOL...
I was thinking about children and what a blessing they are.  Once they have grown and gone away life changes so much... You pick out the good things and concentrate on them.  I am one of those Moms who had a hard time letting them leave the nest... Missed them so much and still do... Anyway.....
Shonda came with birthday presents and a homemade apple pie and all the fixins for Shrimp Pasta (my favorite)  ....
While she was here her brothers emailed and called to wish me a happpy birthday... Sweet boys... Men now, I guess...
Shonda made this lovely candle hugger for me...
The girls learned to do this at Keepers and she loves doing this kind of stitching...
Then she and her Dad put up this prim border that I had bought ages ago .... We are working on our kitchen so thought this would be a nice change until we can get to the hallway..

It has prim blessings written on it...
I had some valances on the door windows that matched the previous border but kinda clashed with this one so the dear girl did a magic trick on the windows with some silicone and a toothbrush...

Doesn't that look professional?  She just taped the edge of each window with scotch tape and then took the silicone and squirted some on and then swirled it with an old toothbrush..
You could do this on French doors or bathroom windows, etc...
And then she trimmed the Livingroom tree...

This tree is not real or that great... We did not get a chance to go and get a real one so she put boughs and branches in it and it is not that bad... 
If the kids were all going to be home it would be a big real one but this year everyone can not get here at the same time until New Years Day.... Soooo.... this will do for Terry and I...
I just need to add some glitter to the old angel for the treetop...
I thought I might add that the tree skirt is made from an  old quilt and some large buttons...  
During all this work we had coffee that she brought from Tim Hortons and I made lunch...
(I had to do something even though she helped with that ,too)
Would you like the recipe?
I forgot to take pictures that day while she was here...
But anyway here is the recipe...
A kind of a pinch here and there one...

My favorite Shrimp Pasta...
Put some pasta on to cook... As much as you need for your family..
We like spagetti..
Remember to put lots of salt in the water before adding your pasta..
The chefs say that it needs to taste like the Bay of Fundy..lol..
Then in a frying pan saute in olive oil..
1/2 of a red onion or whatever kind you have on hand
2 good size cloves of garlic, sliced
a bay leaf
a pinch of red pepper flakes
1 cup of chicken stock
This does not take very long so make sure your pasta is almost cooked before this is ready...
Then add some precooked shrimp... however much you like...
Make sure their tails are off of course
Then have a tomato and some fresh parsley chopped.
Drain your pasta and add to the above mixture in your frying pan.
Toss with the parsley and tomato and squeeze 1/2 of a lemon and sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
Shred some nice parmesan on top if you like...
Delicous!!
Serve with a salad and  some fresh bread.
Or if you are like me ... just eat the pasta...lol...

Thank you everyone for all your prayers..And thank you Shonda for being such a precious daughter..
 I am on the mend... Thank the good Lord.. He is faithful.. And our Healer...

So have a lovely pre-Christmas weekend and enjoy your children..
God's blessings upon you all...

7 comments:

  1. How sweet of Shonda to do those things for your birthday, I hope you had a Blessed Birthday! Your music on the blog is so beautiful, I just love music boxes. I enjoy visiting your blog! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're on the mend, Faye and you enjoyed your birthday! Shonda, sounds just like her mother! So willing to help and do those thoughtful little things! You are blessed!
    God bless
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a special birthday! You're pictures look nice- I especially like the french doors- there's a good idea for my bathroom :) Can you get that stuff off after a few years if you get tired of it? Just wonderin'
    Happy belated birthday, by the way.
    -L-

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely thing for Shondra to do for you. Glad your feeling better! Love your photos, the door windows look great ! Have a warm and happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daughters are so precious. How lovely that Shonda came and spent the day with you. The pasta recipe sounds really good. I'm glad you had such a wonderful birthday Faye.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to see and hear that you are on the mends...It was really nice seeing you today. Miss you so much.
    Love Ya,
    Char

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't find your email but wanted you to know how much I enjoy your daily blog. It seems comforting and inviting and the meals look like the kind my mom used to make. I am so blessed that you share with us. However, it is too cold there!! Even your music is enjoyable. Love the pics of the area. Constanceoc@yahoo from Utah

    ReplyDelete