Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

Warm Winter Nests...

Good Morning..
Fall has certainly arrived here.. When we left for the cottage our maple trees out front were just starting to leaf out... Here they were this morning....
Every year they only turn yellow.. Then the bedrooms which are on that side of the house  glow in golden light...
With the Fall season I think we all get the urge to turn our homes into warm nests for the winter....

Some cozy comforts...
getting wood for nice warm winter fires...
digging out quilts and comforters..
preserving all your garden's produce ...
OR .. going to farmers markets and stocking up..
making your beds up with flannel or fleecy sheets..
putting out some mats on the floor for cold feet.
preparing soup and homemade bread ....
perhaps changing some curtains or drapes...
and decorating your home for fall.. 

Here we have been trying to get everything moved back from the cottage and put away.. But Terry had to strip the garden so there was some putting up to do the last few days...
a batch of mustard pickles for him as I had none left..
a case of ginger pumpkin preserves..
another  batch of pear chutney.
a pot of Italian tomato sauce..
and some pumpkin puree to freeze..
I think that was it... When the produce is ready you have to put it up or it will spoil...And although there were other things I wanted  to do this seemed to be the most important..(Terry would think so as he worked at the gardening) ..
The apples can wait for another time..


Another weekend is almost here so what are plans or projects?  God has certainly provided us with a beautiful season...

Here are a few things I would love to do this Saturday... 
Take a picnic and go for a nice long drive...(Even if it is raining we could eat in the car) I love driving the back roads on a rainy day....
Visit the Farmer's Market in Moncton early in the morning and then go out for breakfast... 
Surprise a dear friend with a visit and a bottle of chutney.. (Whenever I go there I come home inspired with ideas for my home)
Or stay home and clean.... 
I guess I will be doing that...lol.... 

Then Sunday is the Lord's Day... 

Have a wonderful weekend and God bless ......
                                    Faye...


7 comments:

  1. What ever colour your duster is Faye I am sure you are doing a great job. Have a good weekend.:-)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's sounds like so much more fun when you say nesting rather than cleaning, sorting, clearing out and tidying up!!LOL!
    Have a blessed weekend, Faye!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful weekend Faye. That picnic and drive sounds like my kind of fun; hubby and I do that as often as we can. We're going to Goat Day tomorrow at the pioneer settlement, we've never gone before because hubby is always working on Saturday. Hope to get some good photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to take the kids out for pictures (in the leaves) if it's nice but If it is raining,I think I will do the cleaning thing, then in the afternoon we are going to my cousin's wedding- I hope the rain holds off for their sake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great post Faye, well my plan for tomorrow is to go to Town, so hopefully it will be an eventful day. Miss Ya!
    Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new look Faye!! So warm and inviting- just like you! Glad to see you today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi faye enjoyed your latest blog and the music. hope this works!!!! ~ pat d

    ReplyDelete