Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The not so primitive purple bedroom.....

Good Evening my dears... a rainy night here at the cottage on the Bay of Fundy... as most of my friends know ... I love the rain and the wind a lot.. Did you know that wind comes from God\s treasuries?  I read that I think in Proverbs a bit ago.. I thought no wonder I love the wind so much as it is a treasure from the Lord Himself...
Anyway for tonight I thought I would post a few pics here at the old place.. .. our cottage is over a hundred years old and has the ambiance that goes with all aged things....like myself..lol.. 
This room is a pass-through bedroom like they used to have years ago... you pass through to go to the bathroom and then you pass through the bathroom to get to the boys clubroom as I showed you on  http://primitivelace.blogspot.com/  which is my other blog.
I call this The Purple Room and you will see why in these following pics....
As you can see this bedroom is not primitive.... it is more antique-like.. I dislike the word victorian... I did so many of those crafts in the 1990s that I have a hard time with that word...lol...a few pillows I made...
 The antique rod iron bed sits in an old bay with  the trees blowing in the wind right outside the bedroom window... it is kind of like in a tree house...
There is not a new thing in this bedroom... everything is old...lol..   You know me ... so of course there are books somewheres.. You can tell that I did not prep this room for pics..... I just took them as is... There is wax on the mirror which I need to get off somehow... my darlin decided to blow out a candle or was that me?  ...lol ... yes, I think it was me... Well, I need to find a way to get it off... Any ideas??
I sort of collect Mothers old prints so there a few here.... plus I love anything with violets on it... This room definetly needs some prim touches added... when I get to it....
A dear friend of mine made this Lady for me.... I see she dropped her mirror there on the commode... You can click once the twice to see the pics better...
Yes, I need to get rid of these old silk flowers and maybe the paper and prim it up quite a lot...
Now this is an old wedding dress I picked up at a yard sale years ago... Shonda's little bride doll that she didn't want but I couldn't part with...an old crocheted bag and a dress cover that someone had done a lot of stitching to and of course my angel that really should be out in the garden.
When we first bought this place about 14 years ago an old lady came to my door... she had grown up in this house and she was the youngest child... She said this room was her parent's bedroom... It is actually the smallest one... not like today when the master bedroom is the largest, eh?
All in all I guess this is definely a thrift shop kind of room...  
I hope your are all having a good week...
Until next time ... please don't forget to comment....
God Bless.....

5 comments:

  1. Very nice pics...but I do agree it needs a primitive touch...but it is still nice antique but primitive will make it so much nicer...lol! Hope you are having a wonderful time in St. Martin's and not working to hard. Oh! I made the bread again that is on this site...mmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a "dainty" little room, it is sweet and old looking, which I love, not as much as prim but I do like the old stuff....have a great day at the "cottage"...
    love Tam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Faye!....I just wanted to pop on to say thank you for the birthday wishes yesterday!

    Your purple bedroom is charming! I have always loved purple and the white furniture is lovely!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I feed your fish...can you feed them too much...lol...I think I got carried away with feeding them...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder who will get the privilege of sleeping in that bed at our 3rd annual keepers sleepover??

    ReplyDelete