Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Scripture decorating Tips..

Hello .....
 Isn't it a lovely Spring evening?  Some rain today but the sun has come out .. I actually turned the heat up a bit ... I guess the hot weather comes and goes here..
.
Just a little catch up post...

I thought perhaps we would talk a little about some little decorating ideas tonight...
Today I was sewing on some doll things and one was called Amazing Grace.. When we have a Keepers meeting and we talk about decorating I always encourage the use of Scripture in our homes... We have made a few crafts with this in mind...
 So ooo... I thought I would go around the house and show you some that are here ..
So here goes...


This is a candleholder that decorates the diningroom table...
 I bought it when we were away.. See the candles say Amazing Grace with a star in the centre,.,,, I just love it...and if it wasn't for that grace where would we be?

This little gathering hangs on our bedroom wall... it is one of the first things we see when we wake up... A dear reminder of what the LORD has done for us and that He is still our Healer...

The first little one is a note that was anointed with oil and prayed over when I was diagnosed with cancer..
A biopsy showed it was positive ..The doctor told my husband and myself  that I would need chemo treatments and that the tumor would have to be removed..  I wore this little note next to myself until the operation... A darling nurse was crying when she woke me up in recovery saying.... Wake up Mrs. Henry.. you don't have cancer... Isn't God good.??...... He still heals!!!

The second  one is my husband's discharge paper from the Moncton hospital... He had the terrible flesh eating disease... What a frightening time that was... But the Lord again answered prayer... The doctor told our 3 sweet children that he could not explain that my husband got better and that he did not lose any limb or parts of his body.. He said he had never seen the like before... Terry was operated on and it did not spread...Can you believe that he was out of the hospital after only 2 short weeks.... Our daughter,  Shonda who is a nurse said it best when she told her Dad..... Jesus has been with you all along Dad....So true.... Praise the Lord !!
 Now back to decorating....
A little plaque my husband made in summer Bible school when he was just a boy... It hangs over a light switch in one of the bedrooms.....

Another amazing grace gathering.... I love those words....  this is also in our dining room and it lights up...

An old sampler that hangs in another bedroom.... Thy Word is Truth... 
This is one of the crafts we made at Keepers.... a poem called
If Jesus Came to your House.... It hangs by the front closet in our foyer...
I also printed it out at the bottom of this blog....

Here is a sign that hangs over our Family Room window... 

There are a few more but I think this is enough for now... Hope I haven't been too boring...
Perhaps this will inspire you to create something -- a stitchery  or paint a scripture or even pick something up at a thrift sale and put them around your house...

Remember how the Lord instructed His people to write it on the door posts....
Our God is One God...
It is a simple bur visible way to put Him in our homes....
God Bless ..

4 comments:

  1. Amen, Faye. In our down-sitting and uprising we are to have His Word in our mouths!
    I have one or two texts in our home and the children received so lovely pictures with texts from Sunday school.
    Praise God both you and Terry can testify to God's healing power and amazing Grace!
    Blessings
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. He really ceases to AMAZE Me and especially the peace that he gives me, to get through the ups and downs of everyday. Love the Candles that is a really good Idea. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your decorating ideas! It sure would be great to have some scripture things in our home so serve as a reminder of our God's unconditonal love- especially after having a tough day at work. There's no place like home! (even if I stick to the floors and can hardly have anywhere to sit for all the stuff that's causing clutter)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Faye,
    I know this is years after you posted this, and maybe you won't see my comment, but I follow your link. I was so blessed about your testimonies about your husband and your miracles and the power of prayer. You are such a blessing in your desire to mentor Godly homemakers. I too believe in scripture around the home. Not so much cutesy sayings...

    Love this post... and you!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete